POVERTY – There is more POVERTY in INDIA than in entire continent of AFRICA; 30% of the entire population earn less $1 a day.
TRAFFICKING – India is the epicenter of HUMAN TRAFFICKING with 100,000 MEN, WOMEN, and CHILDREN trafficked each year.
SLAVERY – It is the epicenter of Global SLAVERY; 15 million Indians are held as slaves – Half of the world’s slaves are in INDIA.
CASTE SYSTEM – According to National Geographic:
- “Embedded in Indian culture for the last 1,500 years, the caste system follows a basic precept: ALL MEN ARE CREATED UNEQUAL.”
- “Untouchables are outcasts—people considered too impure, too polluted, to rank as worthy beings.”
Social and Economic condition of Dalits:
- 37% of Dalits live below poverty in India
- 54% of Dalit children are undernourished
- 45% of Dalits do not know how read and write
- 3 Dalit women are raped
- 2 Dalits Houses are burnt in India
- 11 Dalits are beaten
Our Big Idea
Poverty, Slavery, Human Trafficking, and the Caste System condemn Dalit children to a life of suffering and misery.
Supplying high quality education to DALIT children can fix this.